- Do you find yourself thinking about gambling activities at odd times of the day and/or planning the next time you will play?
- Do you find the need to spend more and more money on gambling activities?
- Do you become restless, tense, fed-up, bad tempered when trying to cut down or stop gambling?
- Do you ever gamble as a way of escaping from problems?
- After spending money on gambling activities do you play again another day to try to win your money back? (more than half the time)
- Do you lie to your family and friends to hide how much you gamble?
- In the past year have you spent your school dinner money or money for transportation on gambling activities?
- In the past year have you taken money from someone you live with, without their knowing, to gamble?
- In the past year have you stolen money from outside the family or shoplifted to gamble?
- Have you fallen out with members of your family or close friend, because of your behavior?
- In the past year have you missed school (5 times or more) to participate in experiences?
- In the past year have you gone to someone for help wit a serious money worry caused by participation in gambling?
A cool magazine for Youth www.wannabet.org
Youth problems and high risk behavior www.youthgambling.com
Festering Beneath the Surface: Gambling and College Students
compiled by Illinois Higher Education Center for Alcohol. Other Drug and Violence Prevention
Teen Gambling, It's a Bad Bet
Know the types and signs of youth gambling
Parents be aware of these signs in your youth