Gambling Anonymous has twenty questions that it asks new members:
- Did you ever lose time from work due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiently?
- After losing, did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win, did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless about the welfare of you family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, and illegal act to finance your gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you have an urge to celebrate good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your gambling?
*Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions.
Source: Gamblers Anonymous
To block access to online gaming: www.gamblock.com